Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shower Curtians

Sometimes the days here are long and lonely and you can lose perspective. But then I will get an email from our Garrison Sergeant Major. Who is this man you might ask? Well, he is in charge of ALL logistics when it comes to New Kabul Compound. I'm sure you can imagine some of the emails, calls and run ins he has. Luckily he shares. Below is one of his emails I got today:

All,

Seeing as how I get all sorts of issues vital to National Security placed upon me....and seeing as how I've already solved the vital issue of replacing the rubber gasket on the power washer that the local national workers are using. 

(Now at least most of the water comes out of the nozzle instead of pouring all over the ground...another score.)

It's time for the Shower Curtain issue. 

Contrary to obvious popular belief...I DO NOT have an extra 400-500 shower curtains in my locker...strange as that may sound.  I have already issued out as many replacements as were on hand.  So...here's what we can do.  I have spoken with EcoLog...they will wash your shower curtain and have it back the next day.  They ask that you put it in a separate laundry bag by itself.  Please remember to tell the guy to write "DO NOT DRY" on the slip.  I have already tried this and had no problem.  Your shower curtain will come out clean (probably) and life as you know it will continue to be wonderful and care free.

Your Garrison SGM...making the War Zone a better place...one shower at a time.(of course that's when we have water)



Garrison Sergeant Major
New Kabul Compound


The man cracks me up. Oh and by the way we can't use the toilets, showers, or sinks b/c the truck that empties the septic tank can't get to us b/c all the roads are down. Just another day in Afghanistan.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha this is a hilarious post. I hope you are friends with that guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing as how you can't take a shower....I guess the shower curtain issue is moot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! stay safe, colbster! we miss you! btw, we are sending you a care package for halloween! any requests? shoot me an email!

    -katrina

    ReplyDelete